Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Seed Cookies

I like to choose recipes that intrigue me and use interesting ingredients. The 'seed' in these cookies are caraway seeds, something not normally used in sweets, so I had to try it!
I found it in the Rumford Complete Cook Book, 1947 edition.
Seems simple enough.
I only had to buy the caraway seeds. I hope I can find another use for them...
Even though I chilled the dough 3 hours it stayed very soft and sticky making it difficult to roll out and cut out. I gave up trying to use an old cookie cutter.

 Baked up nice and pretty!
Unfortunatley...not delicious. Caraway is not a good flavor for cookies. Even if you picked out the seeds, the cookies themselves were quite bland and tasteless. I only baked 25 cookies instead of the 5 dozen the recipe promised. The rest of the dough ended up in the trash. They were not worth the effort!

My Rating: Not disgusting but never again

Family and Friends Rating: "I hate caraway" "They are not that bad, kind of."



No comments:

Post a Comment