Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Lemon Sponge Pudding

For some reason steamed puddings have both interested and scared me. This one seemed simple enough and it had the great line "Never mind if the milk curdles." I can handle this one.

It comes from a 1945 4-H food pamphlet on Milk and Eggs.
 I only had to purchase the lemons. As I am baking more, I am amazed on how little I have to purchase now that I have all the basics.
Lemons!
 I chose to bake it at the hotter end of the range because my oven is like that and to test for doneness, I simply used the toothpick method. It turned out beautifully!

 The dessert had a light and fluffy sponge cake hiding a rich lemon pudding.

This had such a fancy feel to it while being incredibly simple. The cake's light flavor was a nice balance to the very rich lemon pudding. It tastes much better warm and does not keep well. For a nice dinner party these would look great in individual dishes.

My Rating: Keeper! A show off dish.

Family and Friends Rating: "Rich" "Surprising!"

No comments:

Post a Comment