Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Putting Snow Days to Good Use

Post number 1!

I remember being a kid and waking up so excited at the sight of snow. My sister and I would bounce on our parent's waterbed and stare at the local news eagerly waiting for the School Closing screen to appear showing our school at the top. If you missed the list you had to suffer through politics and death and boring stuff just to see if your school was there. And you never started to get ready until you had seen the list, at least twice. Then it was breakfast and cartoons and playing in the snow!

Snow day as an adult...not as much fun. Missing work one day just means you have more to do the next and there is no just relaxing. It is cleaning, shoveling snow, and working on projects. Like this one, a blog about my recipe adventures.

I like cooking and vintage things. Every holiday time I put together a big batch of cookies.  This year I decided to look through my collection of old cook books for ideas. And I found some great ideas! And some gross ones...and some interesting ones. So I decided to try some and share it!

This blog is just a fun exploration of old recipes. I am not a chef nor a historian nor a photographer. I am just having a good time with food. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment