Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Banana Tea Bread

Cleaning my freezer the other day, I discovered that I am a bit of a hoarder...of overripe bananas. Is there anything else you can make with overripe bananas besides bread or muffins?

One of the best things about old cookbooks is all of the wonderful advice in them. This particular book, originally printed in 1909 although I have the 1951 edition, is a "friendly tip-off to show the inexperienced cook...how to cook." And it is not just for the young bride or career girl but also for the older woman who is only cooking for two again.

 It's a pretty basic recipe.

 Mashed over-ripe bananas look pretty gross. Sorry.
 I may have baked it a little too long.
 Still sliced up nicely.
Ta Da! A little butter and I had a lovely afternoon snack!
The recipe was easy to through together but tasted fine but there was nothing special about. It is a good starter recipe to experiment with.

My Rating: Okay. Good to help get rid of a freezer full of bananas

Family and Friends Rating: "Super moist, a lot of flavor but nor overwhelming."

No comments:

Post a Comment