Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Honey Nut Brownies

Honey is becoming more popular in baking once again. I enjoy honey but it is not an ingredient I bake with a lot. This booklet from the 1941 is full of interesting recipes.
 And it as been reviewed by the American Medical Association. Bonus!
 In a book full of honey I had to pick something with chocolate.
The ingredient list is pretty usual except there is more nuts than any other ingredient. I bought some great honey from a local farm stand...so yummy...
 So many walnuts! The batter was so liquid I was afraid this was going to be a complete failure.
 I had to add about 10 more minutes to the baking time but it baked up lovely.
 The finished product looked light and chocolatey! It is more of a cakey brownie with a touch of fudgeyness.
 This recipe was easy and only need minor baking adjustments, which could be my oven. I had my doubts about this one but it turned out great. You must wait until it cools to cut. Or just grab a spoon and dig in. Very light and fluffy. It was mostly walnuts with a light but distinct honey taste.

My Rating: Keep for a rainy day

Friends and Family Rating: "Yum!" "Gooey but not sticky"


No comments:

Post a Comment