Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Hot Buttered Rum

I am not a fan of cold weather. I hate it. So what is better on a cold day than a hot drink!

Hot buttered rum is one of those drinks I had heard of but didn't really think people actually drank. I found recipe for it in this gem. Stouffer's Restaurant published this handy dandy book in 1950.
 I had bought a bottle of fancy artisanal rum for another recipe and this seemed like the perfect chance to enjoy it again.

Yes, there is actually butter in a hot buttered rum. I thought it was just a quirky name for the drink.
Oh Yum! The perfect combination of flavors. Not too sweet. Not too much lemon. And the butter added a nice touch to it taking the edge off the alcohol. I could live up north if I drank this every night.

My Rating: Keeper!

Family and Friends Rating: I'm not sharing this drink

No comments:

Post a Comment