Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Orange Slice Bars

I am sticking with desserts but decided to move away from chocolate.
But I stayed with the Cookies (all kinds) from 1963. This one promises to be good with summer drinks.
Chopping up the pound of orange candies seemed to take forever! I had to constantly stop to wash the sticky mess from my hands and the knife. I used pecans as the nut meats.
It looks so cool mixed together however I'm curious about the coconut. It could be good or not. Don't get me wrong. I love coconut! But mixed with orange candies?
The pre-baked pan looks a bit boring.
The baked result didn't change much. Still beige. Still boring. Where are the bright orange candies?!
The edges got a touch too browned but they turned out quite nice! They are a little difficult to cut. I blame that on me. My oven is touchy and overcooked these just a bit.
These were an interesting take on cookie bars. They were crunchier than I anticipated and a bit bland. The orange candies were nice bursts of flavor but overall they were not very exciting. The candies did not melt down, as I expected, so you will have to be careful because they will stick to everything.

My Rating: Okay but very beige.

Friends and Family Rating: "Interesting" "I think it pulled my filling out..."

No comments:

Post a Comment