Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Chocolate Chip Squares

Well...I had to take a little a break but I am back! And what better way to start again than with a classic with a twist.


This recipe was taken from the 1963 Cookies (all kinds) put out by Wisconsin Power and Light. I love the comments next to each recipe. "---make and eat"...Okay!
 All the ingredients are pretty standard. Lots of brown sugar! I love how both the egg yolks and egg whites are used. I am usually stuck with one or the other left over with nothing to use it in.
 Everything came together pretty easy peasy. You have to love an entire layer of pure chocolate!
 Cookie layer, chocolate layer, brown sugar meringue layer. I was not certain about that final layer.
It baked up beautifully! You must let it cool completely in the pan before cutting otherwise it just falls apart. It is still delicious but it will not cut. You will have blobs and not squares. See the example below:
Letting it cool creates perfect chocolate squares!
 This was an easy, delicious recipe. It is great if you are looking for something just a little bit different but with common ingredients. It is very sweet! (Remember all that brown sugar?) I cut it into smaller squares for myself but let my friends cut their own. Obviously some people can handle more sugar.

My Rating: Keeper! I will definitely be making this again.

Friends and Family Rating: "Delicious!" "Yes, I am eating the meringue. The pan is empty! What am I suppose to do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment