Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

Carrot Cups

I'm always looking for new, interesting ways to cook veggies. This caught my eye. I don't know why.

 This recipe is from Better Cooking and Baking published in 1960. Looks easy enough.
The ingredients look a little scary all out next to each other...
 The mixture doesn't look too bad. Kinda.
 They look great in my custard cups! (I love my custard cups!)
 They actually baked up really nicely! I've never baked anything in a pan with water and I was a bit nervous. I don't know why I thought it would boil over and ruin everything.
 Still looking good!
 Still all good!
Taste is bad! Bad! Bad! These were awful! I was very disappointed. All these normal, delicious ingredients came together to form a terrible, but pretty, side dish. I managed to gag down a couple of bites before tossing the rest of it in the trash. I felt sorry for the carrots. They deserved to be baked in a cake.

My Rating: So bad I have nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment