Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2018

Brown and Whites

My office was complaining about the lack of cookies so I caved in. 
This great pamphlet was published in 1964 in celebration of of the Rawleigh Company's 75th anniversary.
One issue with using cookbooks put out by companies is that you cannot always find all the ingredients. I could not find the cocoa mix so I used a hot chocolate mix I had lying around.
 All other ingredients were on hand. Looks like a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe.
 The batter was very thick and difficult to mix in the nuts and chocolate. I managed somehow.
 Aren't they cute?!
 Half the cookies were rolled in powdered sugar and the other half were rolled in the hot chocolate mix
 They looked really pretty all laid out.
 Chocolate cookie goodness!

All in all these were not bad cookies but I didn't think they were anything special. They were a very dense cookies and did not spread at all in the oven. I loved the idea of rolling the cookies in chocolate! The hot chocolate mix crisped up a bit on the hot cookies but, sadly, didn't add much to them.

My Rating: Just okay

Friends and Family Rating: "Yum!" "Why is there only one left?"

No comments:

Post a Comment