Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

Porcupines

 On a busy day you just want to through together something easy with ingredients you have on hand. I found this recipe in the Dishes Children Love pamphlet from 1955. It is part of a series put out by the Culinary Arts Institute from Chicago.

I'm sure having the ingredients mixed in with the directions was suppose to be helpful for kids but I found it annoying. I like to know everything I am going to need before starting the recipe.
Everything I already had in my house. Yeah!
I will play in cookie dough all day long but I hate making meatballs. I hate getting ground beef under my nails. They looked kind of sad, drowning in tomato soup.
Gotta love the old Pyrex!
They turned out kind of cute. Porcupines!
These were great meatballs! Nothing overly special but easy and tasty. Surprisingly, the rice cooked all the way through (even the one meatball I couldn't fully submerge) and the tomato soup created a delicious sauce. Just add mashed potatoes and a veggie and you have a great comfort meal.

My Rating: Yummy and easy! I would make again.

Friends and Family Rating: "Weird looking but not bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment