Search This Blog

Monday, April 16, 2018

Poppy Seed Cookies

It looks like warm weather is finally starting to get here. I decided to spend the bright summer-like day outside and I am paying for it with a bright red sunburn. No regrets! It's difficult to bake on a hot day but these seemed like a great light bite. They are from The Modern Family Cook Book by Meta Given, 1953.

That is a lot of poppy seeds for a cookie! I won't be taking any drug tests today.
The ingredients are typical but there seems like a lot for what little you get.
Poppy seeds look like little bugs to me. hehe. The dough was very very soft and had to be chilled.
Rolling out this damn dough was a pain in the butt! Chilling it only gave it a little bit more structure and it stuck to everything. I could only cut out one or two cookies before the rest of the dough started to stick to my mat. Not fun! I only used half the dough before giving up.
They don't look too bad!
Sadly, these were bland, unexciting cookies. So bland that I had to add a lemon icing to some of them and that still didn't help. I'm certain the amount of flour I had to use to cut the cookies out added to the problem. They may have worked as a drop cookie but I was so frustrated by that point I didn't feel like trying. I almost feel guilty asking other people to taste these.

My Rating: Boring. Will not make again.

Friends and Family Rating: "Not my favorite." "I like the icing."

No comments:

Post a Comment