Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Brandy Gump Cocktail

This evening I was feeling lazy and looking for an easy cocktail recipe. I came across this one in the Savoy Cocktail book. I have to admit the only thing that drew me to it was the fact that I had all the ingredients.
It used the end of my brandy. I had never heard of a 'hooker' as a measurement so I looked it up online. Helpful hint: Look up 'cocktail measurements.' Do not look up 'how much is a hooker.'
Yep. I love my radio.

It's kind of a drab peachy color. I'm not overly impressed with the taste. It's a little too strong for my taste as I am not a big fan of brandy. A brief search online reveals that most modern interpretations of the drink include more grenadine and less brandy. That definitely sounds more appealing. I may try that another day once I restock my brandy.


My Rating: Just okay

No comments:

Post a Comment