Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice and Cheese

Since I had to have something to go along with my 'drumstick' dinner I thought I would stay in my 1950's childhood and try some stuffed tomatoes.
I grabbed a recipe from the same cookbook.
I had to grab some tomatoes. Sadly not in season. And I'm not a big fan of canned mushrooms but I thought I'd give it a chance.
Looks like it needs more cheese.
Digging the guts out of tomatoes. Fun Times! Just gotta figure out what to do with them...
They look so pretty!! and fancy.
And smelled so good!
This recipe went together easy with ingredients you probably already have around. The tomatoes took a little bit of time but it wasn't difficult just annoying. They tasted pretty good but a little bland. Needed more cheese and they probably taste better with in-season tomatoes. I'll have to bribe a few fresh tomatoes off of my gardening friends and try these again. It was an easy base recipe that looks simple to modify.

My Rating: Not bad. Not special.

No comments:

Post a Comment