Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2020

Mint Freeze

Another day of teleworking, another cocktail! This evening my Sweetheart was over for dinner so he had the amazing opportunity to be a taste tester for a cocktail. Lucky him! Still no baked goods. I thought it would be nice to take a break from summer thoughts and try something minty, the Mint Freeze from Stouffer's Here How! from 1950.
Just look at that description! How Could I pass it up?! 
Sadly I didn't have crushed ice on hand. I was able to crush some by hand but I don't think it was the same.
Using the end of my white rum and some fresh mint form my patio.
There is something just crazy about a bright green drink! I was less than impressed with the bits of mint floating in it. Kinda weird...
Oh so minty!
This was a bright refreshing drink. Tasted more like spearmint rather then plain old mint. It could be the mint leaves. I do not remember what type of mint I planted/borrowed from another place...It looks better on my patio! I think it would taste better with crushed ice or as a snow cone.

My Rating: Interesting but will probably not make again.

Dylan's Rating: Whoa! That's mint! Tastes like a medicine I've had...not bad though.

No comments:

Post a Comment