Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Hilty Dilty

Crazy times call for cocktails! I actually made this over a week ago, before the world went nuts, but it seems the perfect time to post. This beauty is from Here's How! by Stouffer's from 1950. The cat is quite skeptical...
 I have high hopes for this. Just look at the description! How can you not?!
Just in case you, like I, had no idea what a California Cocktail glass is. I don't have one and never knew I needed it.  Guess I am going to have to hit the thrift shops.
For a while every cocktail recipe I looked at required apricot brandy. So I bought some. The only one I could find. And now I can't find any recipes that have apricot brandy in them...other than this one, of course.
 My cat still seems skeptical...
 I need to make something without grenadine. I'm getting a little tired of drinking pink.
Skeptical cat should not be so skeptical. This was delicious! and reminded me of summer, with a twist ...I miss summer. Easy to throw together with just a couple of ingredients. The apricot keeps the drink from being too sweet or peachy. Definitely high on the favorite list.

My Rating: If you have all the ingredients, through one together!

No comments:

Post a Comment