Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Almond Layer Pie

Sorry for such the long delay! Things have been crazy around here getting ready for the holidays. Thank you for everyone who has asked about the blog. Although I started it to help me keep track of the recipes I've tried and any modifications that I did or need to do next time. I'm so happy others are enjoying my baking adventures!



I normally do not try anything before the 1930's. The recipes have strange directions if they have directions at all and I am not that adventurous.This seemed doable and just odd enough to catch my eye. The book is A Calendar of Dinners with 615 Recipes written by Marion Harris Neil and published in 1925 by Proctor & Gamble.

The joy of Crisco!
Has anyone heard of a layer pie? I haven't.
 Easy simple ingredients. Just had to buy the ground almonds. I am not sure why I had a lemon...
 The pastry came together easily but I still have problems rolling out the crust.
The first lemon almond cream layer.
 And the second layer!
 Naturally my pie will not be the prettiest but lets see how it tastes after baked in a moderate oven (375F).
 Turned out rather nice. And look at those lovely layers! I thought that the center layer of pastry would just melt into the filling but it didn't.

This was a delicious easy pie. It is unique and kind of fancy looking! You do not need to add any toppings, just let the layers shine. The filling turned thick with almost a custard-like consistency and more lemony that I had anticipated.

My Rating: Yum! Good for the next dinner party.

Friends and Family Rating: "Delicious."

No comments:

Post a Comment