Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Honey Butter Cookies

One of my holiday traditions is to bake a ton of different cookies and share them with friends and coworkers. Sometimes I take requests (snickerdoodles are a favorite) but most of the time I just meander through cookbooks and pick what interests me. I have lots of holiday pamphlets to choose from! It appears to be a very popular thing to do.
This cool little one was published by Employers Mutuals of Omaha but does not have a date. I am guessing 1950s. The recipes are separated by country and filled with great illustrations!
 I chose this Dutch cookie since I had all ingredients on hand. You can make many different cookies with powdered sugar, nuts, and butter!
 Ta Da! I used walnuts this time because minus the honey, it is very similar to my Russian Tea Cakes and those use pecans. Gotta mix it up!
 Mixing it up! again...
 The dough is very thick so you really have to use muscles to mix in the nuts. Wine helps too.
 So cute! And so similar to other cookies.
 I had this adorable cookie press that I received for Christmas one year so I had to use it! The bottom of my drinking glasses were no fun.
 Looking delicious even before the powdered sugar! My kitchen smells so good.
 A light shower of powdered sugar complete them!
 Tiny buttery goodness!!!
I made these smaller than usual in order to share more. Easy to make with ingredients you probably have one hand! I don't know how 'Dutch' these actually are but they are delicious! As I said before they are very similar to other cookies from around the world such as Russian tea cakes (my all time favorite) and Mexican wedding cakes.

My Rating: Delicious and easy! Definitely going to make again!

Friends and Family Rating: No one has said anything but they are one of the first cookies gone on the office cookie tray, after the chocolate cookies of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment