Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Butter Balls

Sometimes I like making fancy foods, going on the hunt for unusual (and sometimes expensive) ingredients but other times I just want to look in my cabinets and throw together what ever I have. I found this recipe from the 1940's Christmas Cookies pamphlet and it was too easy to pass up.

 All the ingredients are stuff most people have on hand. It didn't call fro as much butter and one would expect from the name. But Super Easy! And easy to mix.
The dough came together thick enough to make rolling it into little balls easy. No chilling required. The inside of the cookies are filled with brown sugar and the outside covered with white sugar. Not a good cookie for anyone watching their sugar intake!
 Old recipes do not come with nice little notes like how far to space them or if they will spread so I look a chance. It didn't feel like these would spread much but if they then I would have a few large cookies instead.
Woo Hoo! Very little spread! Smells sooooooo good....
 These turned out so cute and perfect munching size!
I try my hardest to let my cookies cool before eating. It doesn't always work. These were amazing straight out of the oven! A nice, crispy outside surrounding a warm, soft center. After they cooled they were hard crunchy although not in a bad way. The texture reminded me of hard ginger cookies. Even though 'butter' is in the name they tasted more like a sugar cookie. Very good! These are the kind of cookies you bake and throw in a cookie jar just before the kids come bursting home.

My Rating: Keeper! Simple and delicious

Friends and Family Rating: "Your best yet!" "Yummy" "Can I have a copy of this recipe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment