Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Date Cheese Bread

Date bread sounds good. Cheese bread sounds good. Who would think to combine them? Wisconsin of course. This interesting bit comes from the 1964 pamphlet Favorite Recipes from America's Dairyland, Wisconsin's World Fair Edition, published by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture.
 I couldn't get a genuine Wisconsin egg or Wisconsin milk but I did have some delicious Wisconsin cheese.
 Mix the dry. Mix the wet. and...
 Combine!
 It actually doesn't look bad.
 Okay, it looks worse in the pan.
 I think my bread pan was a bit too small and it looks like the tempurature was too low as well.
 The dates looked great through the bread but I lost cheese somewhere in there.
 Had to add some butter!
The bread was just okay by itself. It almost tasted like wheat bread. But when I added the butter...Wow! The dates add a nice touch of sweetness and then you get a bite of sharp cheddar. Yum.

My Rating: Good but not great.

Friends and Family Rating:"Surprisingly good!" "You would not think that these 2 things go together but it is great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment