Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Caramel Cinnamon Muffins

I am not a fan of pumpkin pie so the entire grocery aisle for pumpkin flavored everything annoys me. There are so many other wonderful fall flavors! As I wrote before, concord grapes signal the start of fall for me but there is also cinnamon apple, cranberries, maple syrup, and pecans! This recipe sounded great for a cool autumn day. It is from a 1952 pamphlet by the Culinary Arts Institute, 250 Breads, Biscuits, and Rolls.
This pamphlet is filled with helpful hints and how-to's complete with pictures!
Looks super easy with no fancy ingredients.
I used butter flavored shortening because that is what I had.
 I am so excited! Brown sugar and butter!!
 The batter seemed a little dry while mixing. I hope it is supposed to.
 They turned out beautiful!
 The bottoms were covered in delicious crunchy caramel!
These were very interesting for as simple as the ingredients were. I found the muffin tops a bit bland but when you get a bite of the caramel with it, amazing! The cinnamon flavor was very light. I would probably add more next time. I think these may be even better as mini-muffins so you can get the cinnamon and the caramel all in one bite.

My Rating: Not too bad. I want to try it again with tweaks.

Friends and Family Rating: "So Good!" "I love the cinnamon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment