Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Frosted Orange Cookies

The weather can't seem to decide if it wants to stay in winter or move onto spring. Personally, I am tired of snow and ready for hot summer days! In my mind orange juice reminds me of sunshine and bright days so I looked for an appropriate recipe. This one from the 1963 Cookies (of all kinds) promises to be 'one of the best.'
 Bought a whole carton of orange juice! I guess I'll have to start eating a healthier breakfast...unless I find a retro cocktail. I must confess: I used powdered buttermilk.
It went together easily and looks nice, I think. Nothing fancy.
Drop cookies are so easy to make. Why do I even consider other kinds of cookies?!
I had to adjust the baking time after the first batch came out a little too dark. My oven is known to be fussy so it could be that. I took a couple of minutes off. I think you can tell which is which.
Light little orange clouds!

Light is the best way to describe these. I was expecting a stronger orange flavor and was very disappointed. They are not bad. Good if you want something not too sweet and lightly flavored. Maybe I should have waited until summertime to make these. :) My friends had other opinions.

My Rating: Just okay

Friends and Family Rating: "Great!" "I love how they are not real sweet." "Real nice for a quick snack."

No comments:

Post a Comment