Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cherry-Nut Mince Pie

Mincemeat was always one of those things that horrified me as a child. I knew it was a pie filling and that it was a dessert but I thought it was made meat. It's in the name! So I was picturing something like a beef pot pie topped with whipped cream. Yuck! I was so relieved to discover that it is no longer meat-based. Now it is a delicious mixture of fruits and spices and so decilous!
I ventured back into Better Cooking and Baking for this multi-level pie. So many delicious things tucked into the pie crust.

I even decided to try out the pie crust given.
So yummy mixed together!
My pie curst rolling skills need lots of work. You can really tell where the top and bottom crust did meet. hehe
My kitchen smells like autumn.
This pie came together very easily. I had issues with the crust but I always have pie crust problems. The pie crust tasted fine. I don't think it was very special but it was easy. The filling was amazing! I probably should have waited until autumn for it. The cherries and mincemeat screamed fall! Very yummy!

My Rating: Keeper!

Friends and Family Rating: "Amazing!" "You are making this for Thanksgiving this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment