Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Frosted Oatmeal Cookies

I received this wonderful gift after the holidays, a cookbook that belonged to my great grandmother! It does not have a date in it.
 It is filled with delicious recipes including some I had never heard of before. I was going to wait until the holidays to make some but I got so many request for oatmeal cookies (so many!) that I thought I would go ahead and try one of these.
Oatmeal cookies are not my favorite but this one has icing so it might be okay.
Interestingly this recipe calls for the raisins to to be cooked and chopped with some of the 'raisen water' set aside. Mixing everything together!
Using milk to keep the cookie dough from sticking while flattening the cookies out. I never used milk before but it worked really well.
The finish!

These were great cookies! I actually really liked them and I am not a fan of oatmeal. Although it was mess to clean up, I liked the raisins chopped instead of whole. All in all this cookie has a less oatmeal feeling to it. It was more cookie and less like eating a whole bowl of oatmeal. And there was icing!

My rating: Keeper!

Friends and Family: "These are the best!" "The pecan was different but good."

No comments:

Post a Comment