Search This Blog

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Deep Dish Plum Pie

Today I thought I'd try something more modern. A pie from Better Cooking and Baking published just yesterday in 1960 by the Robertshaw-Fulton company maker of the Flame Master oven controls.
This recipe caught my eye since it called for a casserole dish and not a pie pan.
 It isn't the season for fresh plums but I was able to find them canned.
Canned plums are not very appetizing looking. I tried different filters to try to make them look better and this was the best...
The crust was very thick but came together very nicely. I used raw sugar on the crust for a little more crunch.

The crust was more cake-like than a traditional pie crust and the filling was just plums and juice. It started to fall apart as soon as I cut it. It is very tasty! A dollop of whipped cream or scoop of ice cream would have been quite nice. The filling definitely needs a thickener.

My Rating: Keeper with a few adjustments

Friend and Family Rating: "Plum-tastic!" "The spice was a nice change. Not too sweet."

No comments:

Post a Comment