Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jubilee Jumbles

I am not the only one fascinated by old recipes. Gold Medal Flour published this cooking pamphlet in 1955 in honor of their 75th anniversary. It claims that it is 'A treasury of favorite recipes modernized by Betty Crocker'  and it is filled with recipes, advertisements, and random facts from 1880 to 1955.
 My poor copy is starting to fall apart. With so many recipes to choose from I decided to star with the first one, Jubilee Jumbles!
It is a basic cookie recipe which states you can add walnuts, shredded coconut, dates, raisins, or chocolate chips. Naturally, I chose chocolate chips. I am excited about the burnt butter glaze!
Simple ingredients. Yum...chocolate chips...
They looked yummy even before baking. I may or may not have snacked on a few chips. (I love parchment paper!)
Adding the burnt butter glaze made it just perfect.
The recipe went together very easily. It is a simple one. It tasted good but pretty basic and nothing special. My friends went nuts over them. I think we must have different was of rating food or they were just very excited at the thought of free cookies. I am interested trying the recipe with other ingredients or even a mixture of them. The glaze was delicious!

My Rating: Good but plain

Friends and Family Rating: "Delicious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment