Search This Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Fudge Bars

I used to actively avoid recipes from advertisements and company promotions and then I tried a few. They were great! I felt like an idiot. Now it's fun to watch people's faces when I tell them that the delicious chicken wings they are munching on came from a paper towel advertisement.
This fun booklet was put out by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture in 1964.
 I really wanted to do something chocolatey today.

Simple ingredients! Lots o' nuts!

It looks sooooo good especially with the icing!
Always, Always! ALWAYS! Read the recipe and ingredients carefully. While making the icing I realized that I did not use the correct amount of chocolate in the bars. I only used half of what I was suppose to. But it still turned out great.

It is best to wait until the icing sets before cutting unless you can't. Despite my mistake, these turned out very good! They don't stay together very well but they are good enough that no one minds eating the crumbs.

My Rating: Keeper!

Friends and Family Rating: "Yum! Not overly sweet. I like that."


No comments:

Post a Comment