Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Chicken Tetrazzini

I have a gorgeously obnoxious orange crock-pot. I used to have a matching avocado green one as well but somebody (thanks, mom) broke it. I love my crock-pot! My favorite things to cook in it are hot punches and soups. While cleaning things out, my mother found an original Rival Crock-Pot CookBook! There is no date but probably 1960's, I think. It matches so well!...It have would match my green one even better...
With an old school crock-pot I needed an old school recipe to try. I have fond memories of chicken tetrazzini, a great mix of chicken and pasta and cheese.
I used a rotisserie chicken because it's so damn easy and fresh mushrooms. I hate canned mushrooms! I used to think I hated all mushrooms but then I discovered fresh ones. and So many kinds! I'll never ever ever used canned.
Gather everything. Throw it all in!
Yum. Buttered pasta. Dylan hates it but I could eat a whole bowl of just buttered pasta.
So, the chicken tetrazzini ended up being a lot soupier than I remembered. Of course I remember it being a baked dish not a crock-pot one. This recipe calls for everything to be topped with cheese (yeah!) and put under the broiler. I don't think that will thicken things but we will see.
So beautiful...Don't measure cheese when putting it on top of something. There is no reason to have any shredded cheese left in the bag.
Broilers and me don't always get along. I probably was suppose to put in on low and really let the cheese get melty. I put it on high and took it out when Dylan asked "Is something burning?" The cheese did not burn! Some just got a little crunchy.
The inside stayed soupier than I wanted but it smells great.
I couldn't get a nice, picture perfect serving. Spaghetti doesn't do what you want it to!

I wished it had been thicker but all in all this was an easy and delicious recipe. I remember it having more ingredients but I feel that this is a good starting point. Next time I would add red peppers and less broth. You could add black olives if you want but I hate them. 

My Rating: Quick and easy for a busy day.

Dylan's Rating: "Not too bad. I like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment