Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Banana Bread

I made a comment the other day about how many bananas I had stored in my freezer so my mother suggested this recipe. An easy, quick banana bread! And my boyfriend loves banana bread...what a coincidence...
This cookbook was given to mom from my grandma and she uses it often. It is a 1945 edition of the Culinary Arts Encyclopedic Cookbook. I will probably explore it more later.

I had pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts, and peanuts so we had to make a trip to the store. I decided on walnuts.
I realized after I took the photo that I was missing the shortening. But I'm sure you know what that looks like. I grabbed a few frozen bananas but I still have several in the freezer.
 I was trying to do an artsy pouring photo. It didn't work.
It's starting to look good!
The only loaf pan I have is an 8 inch and not a 9 inch. I don't know why. It's too small for almost all loaf recipes and I always remember that right after I start making bread. I need a new pan. I'll probably forget by the next time though.
Yum...forget candles! My apartment smells like baking!
 The edges got a little too dark but the inside was perfect!

With a normal sized loaf pan this would have turned out perfect. I actually prefer muffins and usually make those instead of a loaf but my boyfriend (I guess I should give him a name...Dylan) requested a loaf. My mother swears by this recipe and I see why. So easy! So delicious! It made a great breakfast with coffee. I think Dylan purposely bought more bananas than he can eat this past shopping trip.

My Rating: Yum! I'll definitely make again.

Dylan's Rating: "This is really good! We should make a couple more and freeze them just in case."

No comments:

Post a Comment