Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2020

Banana Waffles

Bananas. Bananas. Bananas. Dylan loves bananas however he rarely finishes the batch before they go bad. I may eat one or two but they are not my favorite. So I always am throwing brown ones into the freezer. Not to brag but I now have a banana shelf in there. Dylan whined that I needed to finally use them so I went on the hunt. I find banana bread boring so I needed to find something else. The 1953 edition of The Modern Family Cook Book had this interesting find and since I live with someone who loves both bananas and waffles we had to try banana waffles!
Super easy and I have plenty of banana! I even had one that had not quite made it into the freezer.
I decided to go with the evaporated milk. We didn't have much milk left and Dylan drinks more than a family of 4.
There is no way to make mashed bananas look apealing.
I don't have a rotary beater (it's not high on my list of cool kitchen gadgets) so we went with the whisk. Still turned out great!
Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a cute personal waffle maker! I bought it on a whim a couple of years ago and I love it. It takes a while to do a whole batch of waffles but once I make them I put all the extra into the freezer and toast them in the morning. They are also the perfect size for egg sandwiches.
It takes a few tries before you get the perfect amount of batter. It's always a bit less than you think.
Waffles! And coffee make a perfect brunch on the porch. 
Topped with pure maple syrup...
Easy to throw together and delicious! We now have a bag of them in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack. I am so happy to have an alternative to banana bread and banana muffins. The banana flavor is strong but not over powering. I think these would be great with fruit toppings as well. These waffles stay very moist so if you want to bake extra to freeze, I would cook them a little bit longer to help dry them out. Or lay them on a sheet pan to freeze separately before bagging them. My freezer wouldn't allow that so we just chisel them apart when we need them. 

My Rating: Keeper! Perfect for family brunches.

Dylan Rating: "I'm not quite awake yet but these are good."

No comments:

Post a Comment