Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Hurricane Cocktail

Rainy and overcast days are for lazing about around the house, coffee (or cocktail) in hand, real clothes are optional. I may have gone to the store in pj's. Nice pj's of course! Between actually cleaning my apartment and deep cleaning my office I did not feel like doing anything extra. No cooking. No baking. But I ran out of ciders and really really wanted a drink. And not just I could have an excuse to dance around the house in my pj's, blasting 80's music, pretending to clean...

Since I was not heading out in the rain again, I had to make do with what I had on hand and I had everything for this, The Hurricane Cocktail from the 1934, Savoy Cocktail Book.
I used Sunset Hills Virginia Gin, Jameson Irish Whiskey, and good old Dekyuper creme de menthe. The lemon was for picture purposes only. I used bottled lemon juice. Gotta use what you have.
Holy Crap! Is this thing green! Bright and minty! I probably should have made this drink over the holidays. I'm not certain what it has to do with a hurricane.
This has me feeling all fancy...Not put-on-real-clothes fancy but I couldn't clean my bathtub holding this thing!
I am not certain how I feel about this drink...It's not bad but kinda weird. The mint hits you full in the face first with the whiskey and gin slowly slipping in behind. The lemon juice helps cut down the mint some but, oh the mint.
The first sip is terrible minty but the aftertaste is nice and smooth. I tried to describe it to my wonderful boyfriend, apparently I had a strange look on my face, but couldn't. I then drank the rest of the glass without sharing.

My Rating: I don't know!

Friends and Family: Will update this later. I am definitely going to make them try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment