Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Chewy Cocoa Brownies

If you need a last minute homemade Valentines gift, these brownies are easy and delicious!
For Christmas I received this wonderful old recipe tin and one of the recipes inside was a handwritten recipe complete with drawings. It was so cute, I had to make it.
This recipe calls for a ton of cocoa powder and sugar and not so much flour. Is this normal? I have not made brownies from scratch in a long time. It's one of the few things that I just grab a box mix for.
Premixed ingredients never look very appetizing...I probably should not take pictures of it but I feel like I am suppose to.
 Man! This batter is thick! And smells so good and chocolatey...(I may or may not have licked the beaters.)
There was no way to smooth out the brownies. The batter is way too thick. I am hoping that the heat will help settle the batter and make it look a little better.
Nope. The oven did not help me. These were so dense that I had to cut them into extra small bites.


It is no wonder this recipe was saved. These were wonderful! They are very rich and dense so I am glad I cut them into smaller pieces. This is not a recipe that lends itself to being modified. I would not try adding stuff like chocolate bits or candies. The fudgey-ness is all you need.

My Rating: Keeper! I will be making these again.

Friends and Family Rating: "Amazing" "Smells like fudge." "There is a chewy, grittiness to it. I like it." "It intrigues the palette." (I love my co-workers. They are crazy.)



No comments:

Post a Comment