Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Peach Puff Pie

Luckily my 2020 hasn't been quite as bad as other people's. My job has switched to mostly work from home and I have been able to work on side projects like cleaning and organizing our work garage. I am crafting and baking. Little did I know that the year was saving it's punch to the end. Within a week my washing machine died and some idiot hit my car and totaled it. First of all, I was not in the car. I was helping another with another accident but just one person not paying attention and moving over, like everyone else, destroyed my little car. I loved my little car... And car hunting is not fun! On a positive note, I now know how to check every single system on my washing machine. 

Time to bake something fun. Dylan's mother gave us a bag of frozen peaches so it is a pie kind of day. Naturally, I can't bake a regular pie. That's boring. So I found this recipe from the Rumford Complete Cook Book, 1947 edition.  Looks a little different, maybe more of a cobbler. Let's see!

No special ingredients except for the peaches. Almost forgot to defrost them... And yes, I used store bought pie crust. It's great stuff!
Getting the filling ready! No mixer needed for this.
It's started to thicken up after adding the flour. I'm still thinking it may be a cobbler...maybe.
I decided to stir the peaches with sugar in a separate bowl instead of in the pie crust. Don't know why the recipe wants you to mix it in crust.
Looks so pretty and tasty! Feeling excited now! I may have added more peaches. 
The filling is really thick. This may not be very cobbler-y. But it's a peach pie so I still can't go wrong.
Time to bake!
This turned out so pretty! Smells amazing! But...not a cobbler. More like a cake. Still good!
Definitely cake-y.
Dylan and I enjoyed pie with a side of Sequence. I think I actually lost this time. I blame the pie!
Artsy pic! 
This was a super easy and different kind of pie. More of a peach cake that happened to fall into a pie crust. The bottom crust was a little soft but still delicious. All in all this was a simple recipe. It is a great change from regular pie and nice if you have someone who doesn't like a 'juicy' pie. Personally I found the taste a little plain so would probably add cinnamon or another spice into the cake. We enjoyed whipped cream and ice cream on top of ours. When eating left-overs, it was best to reheat it just a bit.

My Rating: Great! Keeper with a few minor additions.

Dylan's Rating: Delicious! I love peach pie!



No comments:

Post a Comment